Following my first scribble on Mar 28, 18 days ago… http://wp.me/p2zfYo-fa
Frisson: a sudden, passing sensation of excitement; a shudder of emotion; thrill
It is a hot, I repeat stiffling hot day today. How can I even have a frisson running through my body, let alone anybody else?
1. to renounce or surrender (a possession, right, etc.): to relinquish the throne.
2. to give up; put aside or desist from: to relinquish a plan.
3. to let go; release: to relinquish one’s hold.
But yes… the temptation of sipping a tall glass of iced tea in an air-conditioned room, may I say an extremely comfortable and plush room, filled with soft cushions and luxurious fur. An evil reminder of my old days of comfort; something I am forced to relinquish…
1. not harmful or injurious; harmless: an innocuous home remedy
2. not likely to irritate or offend; inoffensive; an innocuous remark.
3. not interesting, stimulating, or significant; pallid; insipid: an innocuous novel.
Surely He wouldn’t mind… just a short innocuous rest in this lovely room with a bit of this unwanted room service He has left temptingly by the soft plush couch…
1. obtained, done, made, etc., by stealth; secret or unauthorized; clandestine: a surreptitious glance.
2. acting in a stealthy way.
3. obtained by subreption; subreptitious.
A surreptitious check… behind the door… behind the curtains at the fancy party in the garden…
1. a velvetlike fabric of rayon, wool, or any of several other natural or synthetic fibers, used forouterwear and upholstery.
2. a velvety fur felt, as of beaver, for hats.
I slid gently onto the plush white velour chaise longue, (read chez long-g) & under the ooh-so-soft fur laid invitingly over it…
punters fallow blithely aphorism inanely
double entendre Flummoxed scuff patronizing scatty dispirited erratic conundrum explicate tawdry flourish
dumbed down flippant prevarication amble superfluous acrimonious teeter grotty morose gimlet philistines tenuous smite heathen